Your Body Shape Is One of Four Learn More
Posted on July 08 2019
What is My Body Shape?
Women's body shape can fall under one of these categories.
I'm a strong believer that women come in so many different shapes and sizes. There can be many variations though there are common types.
This blog post is intended to help women find comfortable everyday clothing from our store and others.
First up is the rectangle body shape.
Rectangle or Straight Body Type
- No defined waistline.
- Hips and shoulders are equal in proportion.
- Flatter butt.
- Tend to gain weight in the tummy area when older.
The Perfect Clothes for Rectangle or Straight Body Types
- Create a waistline with a belt.
- Wear dresses high waist definition.
- A-line skirts look great one rectangle body shapes.
- If you have a little extra weight around your tummy, the right top and jacket can help minimize the tummy.
- All pants look great on rectangle body shapes but be sure to get the right waist length because you could end up with a muffin top.
- Blazers or jackets that go in at the waist will create a curvy definition.
- Jumpsuits look great on this body type as well.
Hourglass Body Shape
- Hips and bust are nearly equal in size
- Well defined waist that is narrow than both hips and bust
- Ample and rounded butt
- Can have a sightly bigger top to make more of an top hourglass also you can a little more on the bottom to create more of a bottom hourglass figure.
The Perfect Clothes for the Hourglass Body Shape
- Fitted pieces that hug the right places is key to looking great in your clothes. Otherwise if your clothes are too big then you could end up looking heavier.
- Accentuate the waistline with dresses that are fitted at the waist.
- V-neck tops look slimming if you have a bigger bust and want to minimize your top. Only if you want to.
- Supportive fabrics such as ruching around the waistline can make it look slimmer if you are carrying a little more weight around the middle.
- T-shirts that fit around your waistline is stunning and looks great with the right pair of jeans.
- Wear tops that flare below the bustline.
- Wear fitted jackets
- Pencil skirts gives a slimming look while hugging your curves.
Pear/Triangle Body Shape
- The shoulders and bust are smaller than the hips.
- Your arms are slim.
- Small, well defined elongated waistline.
- Thick thighs and ample bottom.
Clothes that are Perfect for the Pear/Triangle Shaped Body
- Find tops and jackets that will end above or below the widest part of your hips.
- V-line tops are perfect for accentuating the upper part of your body.
- Horizontal stripes will give you the illusion of wider shoulders that will look proportioned to the hips.
- Wear long cardigans or jackets that go below the hips.
- Longer tops with shorter jackets.
- Wear belted blazers.
- High rise pants look the best especially if you have a little extra tummy.
- Choose darker skirts or pants.
- A-line skirts will give you great waistline definition and draw attention away from the hips.
- A-line dresses with also work well with this shape.
The Apple/Inverted Triangle Body Shape
- Shoulders and bust are larger than your hips.
- Can be considered to be "top heavy".
- No defined waistline.
- Gain more weight in the stomach.
The Perfect Clothes for the Apple/Inverted Triangle Body Shape
- Choose clothing that will create a niche waistline silhouette.
- Wear tops that hit below your hipbone.
- Choose v-neckline tops.
- Patterns look the best on this body shape.
- Add tops with flare or embroidery.
- Choose dresses with ruching to minimize the thickest part of your waistline.
- Dress that have the waistline below the bra line is best.
- Tailored jackets that have v-lines are best. Just be sure that your top underneath goes below the hip.
- Straight or flared jeans or pants are ideal.
- Get pants with extra stretch.
- Wear pleated skirts.
All of these styles featured under each body shape can be found in our store Lattes and Mamma T's Boutique. In order to know your body shape you have to know your measurements. So grab your measuring tape to know what would look fabulous on you.